Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Should I be more worried?

I've lost my last 3 matches. Usually, this sends me into a flurry of clinics, lessons, and self-deprecating soul searching.

But, not this time.

See, I played really well in all 3 matches. I served well, played extremely clean, volleyed well, and damn, even hit a few winners. I'm moving better than I ever have before, and haven't really even been nervous.

So, even though I've lost, I'm not really worried.

Should I be?

It could be that I just don't have time to be worried. My psych class started yesterday, I'm still working that darn full time job, I'm attempting to stick to a training program and at least one run a week, and I've got 3 entrance exams to prep for...maybe worrying about the matches just isn't high enough on the list?

But there is that small nagging voice...hell, if I'm playing this well, and still losing, what is it that I have to do?

I'm not sure I care...as long as I get to keep playing.

No comments: