Thursday, August 23, 2007

And, oh yeah...me!

Today was my first day back on the courts, at Carol's clinic, in a week! I have never, ever gone that long without playing. Well, not since I got back into it a few years ago.

And, man, I know Carol and I are working on my forehand, but it was almost like I didn't know how to hold the racquet tonight! So I went back to my old way of slapping forehands and way too much wrist stuff going on, and she got mad!!! Aiy! At least my backhands were still good. We did a down the line backhand drill that is my favorite.

I stayed afterward to play a set of singles with Diana. Diana is hopeless in clinc, but put her in a singles match, and she is a whole new player. She beat me previously 6-3. Tonight she got me 6-2, but the games were closer. But, I had a lot of trouble keeping that stupid ball in the court! Argh! But I like playing her, she is a smart player, and it is good practice.

I had hoped that the week off would help the plantar fasciitis in my foot, but oddly enough, it hurt the entire week, even though I didn't run or play tennis spent a whole lot of time on my butt. So, if rest doesn't help it, I don't know what will. After playing tonight, it is very sore, but I haven't iced it like I usually do. *sigh* I guess I will just keep trying different types of shoes and inserts, and maybe finally go to the doctor. It has been 10 months of pain in my left foot now, and nothing I've done seems to help.

I have three matches in the next two days...back into the fire I go!

No comments: