Saturday, August 4, 2007

Legg Mason Day 8

There won't be any pictures from me today...I'm taking the day off. Since most of these matches will be on TV anyway I don't think you'll need me to rely upon for match analysis (nobody is better than Jimmy Arias!).

The first match of the day will be two tough doubles teams facing off in the heat: Erlich/Ram vs. Damm/Paes. Go Leander!

That will be followed by the serve fest of Roddick/Karlovic, which sounds ho-hum to me. There's only so many aces I can watch before I get bored. I do like to see some rallies from time to time, and let's hope these guys at least come to the net to keep it exciting.

The evening session will feature our young upsptarts...Monfils vs. Isner. This should be the best match of the day. I'm going to go out on a limb, and predict a third set tiebreak! I think either guy has a great chance of advancing to the final.

That will be followed by the Bryan Bros. in their first real test of the tournament when they play Hanley/Ullyett. I expect that they will go through, but no matter who wins the other doubles semi, the twins will face a tough test in the final.

On the women's side we also have semi-final action as well. #2 seed Olga Savchuk will take on Kristina Brandi in what may end up being the de-facto final. I've seen both of these women play this week, and they both strike the ball clean and hard. That will be followed by Hungarian Melinda Czink, who upset the #1 seed yesterday, facing off against #3 seed Casey Dellacqua from Australia.

The women's doubles final is today at 4pm, providing nice filler in between the two men's sessions. It features the #1 seeds of Julie Ditty (USA)/Natalie Grandin (RSA) vs the #3 seeds Cravero (ARG)/Jozami (ARG).

Again, sorry to bail on you today, but the sleep deprivation and dehydration have caught up to me. I shall return for the finals tomorrow!

No comments: