Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thursday clinic 8/9

I subbed into Carol's clinic again tonight, for a player who is recovering from knee surgery. I really enjoy this clinic, and I'm trying to figure out a way to get a permanent spot. There were only three of us tonight, and one woman was just so weak during the clinic, it was almost embarrassing. After our hour is up, we get the next hour on the court to play. Strong girl had to leave, so I played a set of singles with the weak woman.

And she whupped up on me 6-3. Once again, I'm left scratching my head. I mean, this woman can barely move, and she was dinking the ball a lot, but also hitting the lines left, right, left, and then right again. I can run them down to a point, but after a while I'm going to miss one! Her serve was all of a sudden better, too. In the clinic we did a serve and volley drill, and I beat both of the other two girls. *scratching head* I just don't get it sometimes, but I guess that is the beauty of tennis (haha). Maybe she is just better at singles? At any rate, it was good practice...I need singles practice anyplace I can get it. Unfortunately, with the workout I did this morning, plus the clinic, my foot really starting hurting by the middle of the set. I've been ignoring it, but I think I'm going to have to break down and call the doctor tomorrow. I know what it is, plantar fasciitis, and I know what they are going to say (take time off), and I know I won't do it.

And my loss last night ended up not counting...it went down as a default in our favor.

Next up, a 7.5 combo match on Saturday. I'll probably play great in this one, since I'm not 'supposed' to win.

No comments: